Uprising Soldiers
Welcome to Uprising Soldiers!

Please log in or register using the buttons below.

For more info visit http://www.usc.us.tc.
Uprising Soldiers
Welcome to Uprising Soldiers!

Please log in or register using the buttons below.

For more info visit http://www.usc.us.tc.
Uprising Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eyefinity pushes 24 million pixels on one Radeon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chilidogg94
Sergeant
Sergeant
chilidogg94

Eyefinity pushes 24 million pixels on one Radeon Empty
PostSubject: Eyefinity pushes 24 million pixels on one Radeon   Eyefinity pushes 24 million pixels on one Radeon I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:35 pm

Source: Techreport, guru3d.com

Quote :
Say you're AMD, and you make graphics chips that nearly double in performance with every generation. Yet games haven't been getting all that much more demanding over time. What would you do with all of that excess power, especially if you wanted to stir up interest in your latest product?

AMD's answer at the moment is a new feature it calls Eyefinity. Here's the basic concept: through the magic of its next-generation GPU and an array of compact DisplayPort connections, a single GPU can drive up to six high-megapixel displays for gaming at resolutions that boggle the mind.

That's six Dell 30" monitors, each at a resolution of 2560x1600, showing Dead Space at over 24 megapixels. The game ran fluidly, and as you can see, your character on screen is pretty much life-sized, if not a little larger.

Not only did games like Left 4 Dead and World of Warcraft play smoothly, but DiRT 2, a DirectX 11 game, ran at more or less acceptable frame rates and looked stunning doing it, as well.

Google Earth looks mighty impressive at 7680x3200, as well, and workstation users don't have the budgetary constraints of your typical gamer, either.

Back to top Go down
Marathonturtle
Private First Class
Private First Class
Marathonturtle

PostSubject: Re: Eyefinity pushes 24 million pixels on one Radeon   Eyefinity pushes 24 million pixels on one Radeon I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:55 am

Back to top Go down
WarLokk1980
Staff Sergeant First Class
Staff Sergeant First Class
WarLokk1980

PostSubject: Re: Eyefinity pushes 24 million pixels on one Radeon   Eyefinity pushes 24 million pixels on one Radeon I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:46 am

That is pretty cool though playing with all 6 screens at such high resolutions and when you think how fast things are moving it just makes me think how good it will be say when we get to DirectX 12 or 13 even? It's truly mind boggling!
Back to top Go down
http://digitalsolutions2.tech.officelive.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eyefinity pushes 24 million pixels on one Radeon   Eyefinity pushes 24 million pixels on one Radeon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eyefinity pushes 24 million pixels on one Radeon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uprising Soldiers :: Information :: Tech Center-
Jump to: