Uprising Soldiers
Welcome to Uprising Soldiers!

Please log in or register using the buttons below.

For more info visit http://www.usc.us.tc.
Uprising Soldiers
Welcome to Uprising Soldiers!

Please log in or register using the buttons below.

For more info visit http://www.usc.us.tc.
Uprising Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Games that can't be missed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WarLokk1980
Staff Sergeant First Class
WarLokk1980

Games that can't be missed Empty
PostSubject: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Street Fighter IV - great beat-em-up

Gears of War - brilliant 3rd person shooter (boom headshot!)

Left 4 Dead - excellent horror/survival FPS (boom headshot!)
Back to top Go down
http://digitalsolutions2.tech.officelive.com
WarLokk1980
WarLokk1980

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:59 pm

bump.... guys post games that you really like that aren't on the list....
Back to top Go down
rclaxx14
rclaxx14

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:16 pm

I think the Call of Duty games should be added. I also want to add Left 4 Dead 2 when it comes out. Maybe Resident Evil 5 if it's any good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.usc.us.tc
chilidogg94
Sergeant
Sergeant
chilidogg94

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:57 pm

We should add Left 4 Dead 2 when it releases. I also want to add Arma 2 but nobody else has it, I encourage you all to try the demo.
Back to top Go down
rclaxx14
rclaxx14

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:18 pm

I found the demo to be pretty fun, but it seems very similar to America's Army 3, would you agree to that?

If so, it may be easier for our members to obtain AA3 rather than a $50 game. If not, we can add it.
Back to top Go down
chilidogg94
Sergeant
Sergeant
chilidogg94

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:58 am

rclaxx14 wrote:
I found the demo to be pretty fun, but it seems very similar to America's Army 3, would you agree to that?

If so, it may be easier for our members to obtain AA3 rather than a $50 game. If not, we can add it.
It is similar to AA3, I just think Arma 2 has a lot more depth and I had more fun with it. I installed AA3 played it for a bit then uninstalled.

I like Arma 2 because theres so many different roles you can play: infantryman, sniper, helicopter pilot, helicopter gunner, airplane pilot, tank commander, etc. There are also a ton of different possibilities for missions, I just made an assassination mission where a sniper team has to sneak into a city and find a good spot to take a shot on an enemy leader thats giving a speech. I'm going to make a more large scale mission at some point, I think you can have up to 50 human players plus AI.
Back to top Go down
rclaxx14
rclaxx14

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:20 am

I do agree with you, there's a clear difference why AA3 is free and why Arma II costs money. AA3 has a lot of bugs and issues. I think Arma II would be a lot of fun to play, but I'm going to wait for a good deal before I buy it.
Back to top Go down
WarLokk1980
WarLokk1980

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:30 am

rclaxx14 wrote:
I do agree with you, there's a clear difference why AA3 is free and why Arma II costs money. AA3 has a lot of bugs and issues. I think Arma II would be a lot of fun to play, but I'm going to wait for a good deal before I buy it.
I agree with you there. I liked AA3 but the fact that I couldn't use a controller was a big no no for me. As I am left handed the WASD setup is no good for me, I prefer the arrow keys which makes pressing space (for jump) amongst other keys arkward for me (whilst using mouse to aim) so controller support is important to me. I tend to play a lot of GFWL games due to the fact they support Xbox 360 controller. Left 4 Dead also supports controller and the sequel will also. I understand you guys holding out for the sequel but Left 4 Dead Part 1 is a great game and has yet another free DLC coming out in September so I really urge you guys to play ther first part before the sequel is out. It has a co-operative mode where four of you play as survivors against waves of zombies or you can play versus mode which is a whole heck of fun! Really you're all missing out.
EDIT: If any of you guys find a fix for America's Army 3 that allows Xbox360 controller support then I will gladly re-install it but as it stands there's no point playing a game that I'll get owned every other second (lol) I have some pride you know!
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Corporal
Corporal
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:28 am

You can change the controls on Arma 3 you know, im left handed but i still manage to reach all the controls, unfortunately i seem to be the only one firing blanks in game whilst everyone else riddles me with bullets Sad
Back to top Go down
WarLokk1980
WarLokk1980

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:25 am

Ryan wrote:
You can change the controls on Arma 3 you know, im left handed but i still manage to reach all the controls, unfortunately i seem to be the only one firing blanks in game whilst everyone else riddles me with bullets Sad
Exactly you can reach the controls but not as fast as a right handed person. My mouse even has extra buttons that could be used for 'jump' and 'use item' but they are positioned for a right handed person's thumb so I can't use them. It's Microsoft's Habu mouse and although I like it I've never seen a left handed mouse. So I never use keyboard and mouse unless the game forces me to do so. If it's an RPG I don't mind using KB&M but for FPS I need my controller (it's a pre-requisite!)
Back to top Go down
chilidogg94
Sergeant
Sergeant
chilidogg94

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:49 am

WarLokk1980 wrote:
rclaxx14 wrote:
I agree with you there. I liked AA3 but the fact that I couldn't use a controller was a big no no for me. As I am left handed the WASD setup is no good for me, I prefer the arrow keys which makes pressing space (for jump) amongst other keys arkward for me (whilst using mouse to aim) so controller support is important to me. I tend to play a lot of GFWL games due to the fact they support Xbox 360 controller. Left 4 Dead also supports controller and the sequel will also. I understand you guys holding out for the sequel but Left 4 Dead Part 1 is a great game and has yet another free DLC coming out in September so I really urge you guys to play ther first part before the sequel is out. It has a co-operative mode where four of you play as survivors against waves of zombies or you can play versus mode which is a whole heck of fun! Really you're all missing out.
EDIT: If any of you guys find a fix for America's Army 3 that allows Xbox360 controller support then I will gladly re-install it but as it stands there's no point playing a game that I'll get owned every other second (lol) I have some pride you know!
I already have Left 4 Dead, next time we're both on steam we should play.
Back to top Go down
rclaxx14
rclaxx14

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:55 am

I've played Left 4 Dead on the Xbox 360 many times, so I really want the new game.

By the way Killing Floor was just updated and it's a ton of fun.
Back to top Go down
chilidogg94
Sergeant
Sergeant
chilidogg94

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:50 pm

rclaxx14 wrote:
I've played Left 4 Dead on the Xbox 360 many times, so I really want the new game.

Yep and its only $18 right now on Steam, how do you like the new weapons?
Back to top Go down
WarLokk1980
WarLokk1980

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm

rclaxx14 wrote:

I just made a major mistake in getting Hour of Victory and it's crap but it only cost £8.99 so I'm not that wounded. The next game I get will be Section 8 as I've pre-ordered it. I'll try and get Killing Floor but this new processor has skinted me (I don't even have money for food lol! Luckily I live with my mom eh?)
Back to top Go down
rclaxx14
rclaxx14

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:20 pm

The weapons are awesome chili. And I love how they keep updating the game to keep everything fresh.
Back to top Go down
chilidogg94
Sergeant
Sergeant
chilidogg94

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:07 am

rclaxx14 wrote:
The weapons are awesome chili. And I love how they keep updating the game to keep everything fresh.
I'm loving the katana, I haven't used the AK much though. We need to play as soon as we can.
Back to top Go down
WarLokk1980
WarLokk1980

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 3:16 am

chilidogg94 wrote:
rclaxx14 wrote:
I'm loving the katana, I haven't used the AK much though. We need to play as soon as we can.
If you love fighting with katanas there's a game called Shadowrun. It features the ability for PC players to play XBox 360 players and although it's old it's a really cool game. I used to have it but not anymore so I may get it again if others want to get it too.
Back to top Go down
chilidogg94
Sergeant
Sergeant
chilidogg94

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:40 pm

WarLokk1980 wrote:
chilidogg94 wrote:
rclaxx14 wrote:
If you love fighting with katanas there's a game called Shadowrun. It features the ability for PC players to play XBox 360 players and although it's old it's a really cool game. I used to have it but not anymore so I may get it again if others want to get it too.
I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
rclaxx14
rclaxx14

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 4:24 pm

I used to play Shadowrun on the Xbox 360. There's a ton of dying in that game but plenty of action. And I get home Wed. chili, we'll play then.
Back to top Go down
WarLokk1980
WarLokk1980

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Cool you having a good time Ryan aka rclaxx14?
Back to top Go down
rclaxx14
rclaxx14

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:40 pm

A good time in reference to what Martin aka WarLokk1980.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games that can't be missed   Games that can't be missed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games that can't be missed
Page 1 of 1