Uprising Soldiers
Welcome to Uprising Soldiers!

Please log in or register using the buttons below.

For more info visit http://www.usc.us.tc.
Uprising Soldiers
Welcome to Uprising Soldiers!

Please log in or register using the buttons below.

For more info visit http://www.usc.us.tc.
Uprising Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from?

Go down 
3 posters

How do you purchase your video games?
Retail (Boxed)from dedicated game store
Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? I_vote_lcap43%Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Digital distribution (Steam, D2D, Impulse)
Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? I_vote_lcap29%Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Retail (Boxed)from supermarket (Asda/Walmart, Tesco's, Sainsbury's etc.)
Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? I_vote_lcap14%Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Retail (Boxed) from online auction (eBay, Amazon etc.)
Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? I_vote_lcap14%Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
WarLokk1980
Staff Sergeant First Class
WarLokk1980

Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from?   Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:08 am

I just wondered that due to the many ways of obtaining video games (No posts about piracy please - be warned!), what was the most popular method of buying your games. I, personally, have used a wide variety of methods including visiting my local GAME store, buying from eBay, purchasing from 24hr supermarkets (Tesco) and even from Steam (only once for Unreal Tournament 3 on sale price). Please vote on the method that you use the most (if you puchase via various methods) as the more votes I get, the clearer a picture I can see regarding this and it will help the Admin in regards to advertisements on the site.
Back to top Go down
http://digitalsolutions2.tech.officelive.com
rclaxx14
rclaxx14

PostSubject: Re: Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from?   Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Looks like retail is winning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.usc.us.tc
WarLokk1980
WarLokk1980

PostSubject: Re: Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from?   Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:20 am

I much prefer retail. I like to have all my games on my shelf and be able to look at the instruction booklet in my hand and not have to read it on the pc. I've only ever bought from Steam once and that was because UT3 Black was on special offer. I've been watching the Steam prices and most of the time they are much more expensive than in the shops. Many a time the same title is £10 dearer from steam compared to the GAME stores we have in every city in the UK. Due to the fact that games bought via digital distribution don't have any packaging or printing costs involvved then surely the prices should be cheaper not dearer surely? I think that Gabe Newall has gotten greedy over time.
Back to top Go down
Chippewa Outlaw
Corporal
Corporal
Chippewa Outlaw

PostSubject: Re: Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from?   Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Yeah, I prefer to have a box with the booklet and cd in it. This way, I know I'll always have the game and I can prove their my games like in the case of having my steam account hacked. I don't like buying off steam because Warlokk is right. Steam games for the most part are just as or more expensive then their retail counterparts....plus, it can take forever to downlaod a game you bought off steam as compared to fairly quick install times with cds. As for Ebay...I've bought a few, but their no point unless you're gonna make a deal by buying a used game and sometimes you don't get what you payed for. I only use Ebay to buy those hard to find games I want...Like Diablo and Doom II for the PS1.
Back to top Go down
WarLokk1980
WarLokk1980

PostSubject: Re: Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from?   Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:52 pm

Looks like retail's winning. I much prefer boxed games by far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from?   Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you puchase your games (PC only) from?
Page 1 of 1